Oceanside RCMP received 247 complaints the week of Nov. 27 to Dec. 3.
Some of the incidents included:
• A fire in a parkade was reported in the 200 block of Jensen Avenue East, Parksville. There was no damage to the building.
• A nighttime business break-and-enter was reported in the 100 block of McCarter Street, Parksville. A trespasser was found sleeping inside.
• Three daytime prowlers were reported in the 100 block of McCarter Street, Parksville.
• A nighttime trespasser was reported in the 100 block of McCarter Street, Parksville.
• A resident was reported defrauded of $3,000 by a caller pretending to be a bank security official.
• A catalytic converter was reported stolen from a vehicle in the area of Bellevue Road and Alberni Highway, Parksville.
• Both B.C. licence plates MG005B were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 300 block of Banks Avenue East, Parksville.
• A business compound break-and-enter was reported in the 200 block of Shelley road, Parksville. Two medium-sized jerry cans were stolen.
• A business break-and-enter was reported in the 2600 block of Alberni Highway, Coombs. Cash and goods valued at $5,000 were missing.
» If you see a crime in progress, call 911. Crimes of a less serious nature that are not in progress may be reported online. The Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number is 250-248-6111 (extension 7). The detachment is located at 421 Pym Street North, Parksville, with public business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 a.m., Monday to Friday, except holidays.
— NEWS Staff, submitted