Oceanside RCMP received 298 complaints the week of July 17 to July 23.
Some of those incidents included:
• A business break-and-enter was reported in the 100 block of Middleton Avenue, Parksville. Missing were a number of kids pink camping chairs and a white Costco chair with white pullout table.
• A sandcastle display in front of a business was reported vandalized in the early hours in the 1400 block of Huntley Road, Parksville. Video surveillance was obtained.
• A number of individuals were reported throwing garbage off the lookout point on Little Mountain, Parksville.
• A vehicle was reported vandalized as well as a motorcycle ramp, yellow beacon light and high visibility vests stolen in the area of Hilliers Road and Memorial Avenue, Qualicum Beach. Three windows were noted smashed.
• A catalytic converter was reported stolen form a vehicle in the 1300 block of Mallard Road, Parksville.
• A window was reported broken and a black Lowerance Elite 9FS electronic depth finder was noted stolen from a boat moored in the 1000 block of Lee Road, French Creek.
• Plants and patio furniture were reported vandalized in the 500 block of Island Highway East, Parksville, on July 19.
• Medication, a white change purse and a swim pass were some of the items reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 200 block of Island highway West, Parksville.
• A nighttime car prowler was reported in the 600 block of Ermineskin Avenue, Parksville.
• A vehicle tire was reported slashed overnight in the 100 block of Island Highway East, Parkville.
• Cash, liquor and firearms were reported stolen from a property in the 2600 block of Bradshaw Road, Qualicum Beach.
• Rear B.C. licence plate SE0915 was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 100 block of Island Highway East, Parksville.
• A nighttime prowler was reported in the 200 block of Morison Avenue, Parksville.
• A cloth bag containing various computer game boxes and other materials were found in the 100 block of McCarter Street, Parksville. Contact Oceanside RCMP during regular business hours to claim.
• B.C. licence plates RX3962 were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 800 block of Allsbrook Road, Parksville.
• A navy Helly Hansen vest with orange zippers as well as other items were reported stolen from a campsite in the 300 block of Island highway West, Parksville.
If you see a crime in progress, call 911. Crimes of a less serious nature that are not in progress may be reported online. The Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number is 250-248-6111 (extension 7). The detachment is located at 421 Pym St. North, Parksville, with public business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 a.m., Monday to Friday, except holidays.
— NEWS Staff, submitted