Oceanside RCMP received 260 complaints the week of May 29 to June 4.
Some of the incidents included:
• A business break-and-enter was reported in the 1400 block of Alberni Highway, Parksville. Two doors were noted damaged and over $2,000 of good stolen by the two suspects.
• A Canada Post mailbox was reported vandalized in the 1300 block of Island highway East, Nanoose Bay.
• A nighttime prowler was reported in the 200 block of Crescent Road East, Qualicum Beach.
• An alleged male scam artist was reported going door-to-door offering to do minor repairs for inflated prices in the 1300 block of Gilley Crescent, Parksville.
• A nighttime prowler was reported in the 100 block of Noonday Road, Bowser.
• The interior of an unlocked vehicle was reported vandalized with paint in the 1300 block of Pintail Drive, Parksville.
• A residential mailbox was reported vandalized in the 100 block of Horne Lake Road, Qualicum Beach.
• A catalytic converter was reported stolen from a vehicle in the area of Hilliers Road South and Alberni Highway, Qualicum Beach.
• B.C. licence plates NJ271S were reported missing from a vehicle in the 600 block of Berwick Road South, Qualicum Beach.
• Lumber valued at $4,500 was reported stolen from private property in the area of Winchester Road and Grafton Avenue, Errington.
• B.C. licence plates NB292N were reported missing from a vehicle in the 2400 block of Alberni Highway, Coombs.
• B.C. licence plate 3360BV was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1000 block of Lee Road, Parksville, on June 2.
• A metal gas meter cage was reported vandalized in the 100 block of Island Highway East, Parksville.
• An outhouse was reported vandalized with graffiti at the Cathedral Grove parking lot, Alberni Highway.
• A window was reported smashed and some contents stolen from a vehicle in the 200 block of Chestnut Street, Parksville, on June 4.
• A backpack and contents were reported stolen in the 3800 block of Island Highway West, Qualicum Beach.
• B.C. licence plate PD6610 and insurance papers were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1100 block of Dobson Road, Errington.
If you see a crime in progress, call 911. Crimes of a less serious nature that are not in progress may be reported online. The Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number is 250-248-6111 (extension 7). The detachment is located at 421 Pym St. North, Parksville, with public business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 a.m., Monday to Friday, except holidays.
— NEWS Staff, submitted