Oceanside RCMP received 261 complaints the week of May 22 to May 28.
Some of the incidents included:
• Nighttime prowlers were reported making a mess and loitering in the 100 block of Island Highway West, Parksville.
• A Daisy 4500 Air Rifle, a Winchester Magnum pellet pistol and a pair of brown size 10½ Rambler cowboy boots were some of the items reported stolen from a vehicle in the 2600 block of Alberni Highway, Coombs.
• Three individuals were reported dropping materials onto a vehicle at the Cochrane Road overpass on Highway 19, Qualicum Beach.
• Two bicycles values at $10,000 were reported stolen from a campsite in the 2200 block of Errington Road, Errington, on May 23. The bicycles were recovered by Ladysmith RCMP on May 31 by matching their serial numbers.
• Two nighttime prowlers were reported in the 100 block of Railway Street, Qualicum Beach.
• Damage in the thousands of dollars was reported at a log sort in the 2100 block of Northwest Bay Road, Nanoose Bay.
• A Honda EB22001 generator was reported stolen from a campsite in the 2200 block of Errington Road, Errington. The unit was recovered by Ladysmith RCMP on May 31.
• A catalytic converter was reported stolen from a vehicle in the area of Highway 19 and the Qualicum Beach exit.
• Tools valued at $2,500 were reported stolen overnight from a construction site in the 3100 block of Island Highway West, Qualicum Beach.
• Two house windows and a vehicle windshield were reported smashed earlier in the week in the 1500 block of River Crescent, Parksville.
• A male was reported stealing recycled containers from a charity bin in the 600 block of Alberni Highway, Parksville.
• A nighttime male prowler was reported burning materials in a parking lot in the 900 block of Fairdowne Road, Parksville.
• B.C. licence plates NJ931N were reported missing from a vehicle in the 1800 block of Meadowood Way, Qualicum Beach.
• A vehicle was reported keyed in the 200 block of Village Way, Qualicum Beach.
• A delivered parcel containing a soccer jersey was reported stolen from the front porch in the 500 block of Seaward Way, Qualicum Beach.
• Mailboxes were vandalized and mail was reported stolen on Garden Road, Qualicum Beach.
• Mailboxes were vandalized and mail was reported stolen on Mill Road at Moresby Avenue, Qualicum Beach.
• Mailboxes were vandalized and mail was reported stolen at Beach Road at Crescent Road West, Qualicum Beach.
• Mailboxes were vandalized and mail was reported stolen in the 400 block of First Avenue West, Qualicum Beach.
• A commercial-sized Quartz slab was reported stolen in the 1100 block of Industrial Way, Parksville.
•An aluminum box with a mini-jet set for a pressure washer were found in Coombs. Contact Oceanside RCMP during regular business hours to claim.
If you see a crime in progress, call 911. Crimes of a less serious nature that are not in progress may be reported online. The Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number is 250-248-6111 (extension 7). The detachment is located at 421 Pym St. North, Parksville, with public business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 a.m., Monday to Friday, except holidays.
— NEWS Staff, submitted