OTTAWA — The Canadian Food Inspection Agency has announced a recall of certain Pacific oysters due to a marine biotoxin which causes paralytic shellfish poisoning.
The oysters were processed by B.C.-based Union Bay Seafood Ltd. and Intercity Packers Ltd. with a harvest date of July 14, 2019.
They were sold in five dozen packages in British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario.
Consumers who purchased the oysters should either return them or throw them out.
No reports of illness have been linked to the product, however, in severe situations paralytic shellfish poisoning can cause difficulty walking, muscle paralysis, respiratory paralysis and even death.
THE CANADIAN PRESS
It can be anything that makes you feel comfortable
Vancouver battled back late to pick up single point
Saskatoon Hilltops have now won six CJFL championships in a row
Nanaimo’s John Gogo will share regional stories, family history and song in his latest project
Group of seven, who Kylee Ryan has dubbed as the ‘wandering paws,’ have a neat setup in Jade City
Community Day will be on Dec. 7 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m at select theatres