Oceanside RCMP received 317 complaints the week of June 25 to July 1.
Some of the incidents included:
• An attempted residential break-and-enter was reported in the 900 block of Surfside Drive, Parksville.
• A catalytic converter was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 600 block of Alberni Highway, Parksville.
• Two squatters were reported in a residence in the 300 block of Morison Avenue, Parksville.
• Professional chefs knifes and a car stereo system were some of the items reported stolen from a vehicle at Rathtrevor Park, Parksville. No sign of forced entry.
• A nighttime trespasser was reported in the 4400 block of Maple Guard Way, Bowser.
• A nighttime trespasser was reported in the100 block of Mckinnon Street, Parksville.
• A facility break-and-enter was reported in the 400 block of Wembley Road, Parksville.
• A resident was reported to have been defrauded of $3,000 by dialing a supposed number for a money transferring service via an online search engine on June 30.
» If you see a crime in progress, call 911. Crimes of a less serious nature that are not in progress may be reported online. The Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number is 250-248-6111 (extension 7). The detachment is located at 421 Pym Street North, Parksville, with public business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 a.m., Monday to Friday, except holidays.
— NEWS Staff, submitted