McDonald’s on Nicol Street in Nanaimo. (News Bulletin file photo)

McDonald’s on Nicol Street in Nanaimo. (News Bulletin file photo)

McDonald’s in Nanaimo reports COVID-19 case

Employee at Nicol Street location last worked Jan. 17

A worker at the McDonald’s in south Nanaimo tested positive for COVID-19 last week.

McDonald’s Canada posted on its website that the employee last worked at the Nicol Street location on Jan. 17.

The fast food restaurant’s COVID-19 safety policy notes that its top priority is to protect the health and well-being of guests. McDonald’s says it temporarily closes locations after notification of positive COVID-19 tests and the restaurants then “undergo a thorough cleaning by a certified third-party company.”

McDonald’s advises that any customers who have further questions should contact their local public health officials.

B.C. provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry said Monday that there have been 73 new COVID-19 cases on Vancouver Island over the past three days. Island Health notes that there are 211 active cases on the Island with 168 of those cases on the central Island.

COVID-19 outbreaks have been declared at Nanaimo Regional General Hospital and Chartwell Malaspina Care Residence.

READ ALSO: Second COVID vaccine doses on hold as B.C. delivery delayed again



editor@nanaimobulletin.com

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter

Coronavirus

Just Posted

The Port of Nanaimo has signed a 50-year-agreement with DP World around short-sea shipping operations at Duke Point Terminal. (News Bulletin file photo)
Lease ‘important first step’ in $105-million Nanaimo port expansion project

Port of Nanaimo and DP World sign 50-year shipping operations agreement for Duke Point

City of Nanaimo property crimes map showing 2021 incidents. (City of Nanaimo/Google image)
Safety audits will study effects of crime on Nanaimo neighbourhoods

Six neighbourhoods being selected for project which will get underway next month

The Gordon Head Recreation Centre stands in as the Quimper Regional Hospital on Feb. 23 for filming Maid, a 10-part Netflix series. (Greg Sutton/District of Saanich)
Netflix transforms Saanich recreation centre into hospital for filming

Facility was closed to public Feb. 23 for filming of Maid

SAR crews worked late into the night Tuesday to rescue an injured snowboarder in North Vancouver. (Facebook/North Shore Rescue)
Our view: Regular rescues should not be required

Still far too many incidents of people putting themselves at risk

Dr. Bonnie Henry talk about the next steps in B.C.'s COVID-19 Immunization Plan during a press conference at Legislature in Victoria, B.C., on Friday, January 22, 2021. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Chad Hipolito
456 new COVID-19 cases in B.C., 2 deaths

Since January 2020, 78,278 have tested positive for the novel coronavirus in B.C.

A BC Ferries worker out of Swartz Bay has tested positive for COVID-19. (Black Press Media file photo)
Swartz Bay ferry worker confirmed to have COVID-19

Employees in direct contact with worker now isolating

Nanaimo Courthouse. (News Bulletin file photo)
Motorist sentenced to two years for dangerous driving causing death on Gabriola Island

William Goosman pleaded guilty last fall in connection with incident that killed Jay Dearman

A health-care worker prepares a dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine at a UHN COVID-19 vaccine clinic in Toronto on Thursday, January 7, 2021. (THE CANADIAN PRESS/Nathan Denette)
Vaccinating essential workers before seniors in B.C. could save lives: experts

A new study says the switch could also save up to $230 million in provincial health-care costs

The late Michael Gregory, 57, is accused of sexually exploiting six junior high students between 1999 and 2005. (Pixabay)
Former Alberta teacher accused of sexually assaulting students found dead in B.C.

Mounties say Michael Gregory’s death has been deemed ‘non-suspicious’

A new sign went up at Port Alberni’s food hub in mid-January 2021. (TWITTER PHOTO)
Port Alberni food hub opens commercial kitchen space

Businesses, charitable organizations and individuals can use the facility

The Save-On-Foods Dragonslayers dragon boat team practises in 2019. The Nanaimo Dragon Boat Festival Society issued a statement today, Feb. 21, advising that the 2021 event has been cancelled. (News Bulletin file photo)
Nanaimo Dragonboat Festival cancelled for a second straight year

Society instead getting started on planning 2022 event

Nico Rhodes, Lucas Smart, James McRae and Kosma Busheikin (from left) recorded their set for the Nanaimo International Jazz Festival’s online video series at the Harbour City Theatre in December. (Photo courtesy François Savard)
Music starts next week at online Nanaimo International Jazz Festival

Ten free, virtual performances to occur over three weeks in March

Most Read