Oceanside RCMP received 233 complaints the week of Jan. 30 to Feb. 6.
Some of the incidents included:
• A vehicle was reported vandalized in the 6600 block of Island Highway West, Bowser. A hole was drilled in the side of the vehicle.
• A muffler was reported stolen from an excavator in the area of Melrose Road and Alberni Highway, Qualicum Beach.
• A B.C. licence plate validation sticker 79785373 was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1400 block of Island Highway East, Nanoose Bay.
• Ten empty propane tanks were reported stolen in the 1100 block of Franklins Gull Road, Parksville. A grinder was used to cut the securing cable.
• A nighttime trespasser was reported in the 5000 block of Longview Drive, Bowser.
• A business break-and-enter was reported in 900 block of Shearme Road, Coombs. Thieves attempted to steal a utility trailer causing damage to a compound fence.
• A white 2010 Trailmaster trailer, B.C. licence plate 03524U, containing a 2004 Polaris 500 Quad was reported stolen in the 4100 block of Island Highway West, Dashwood.
• B.C. licence plate validation sticker 98742119 was reported stolen in the 700 block of Nanoose Avenue, Parksville.
• Change was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 200 block of Dunbar Way, Parksville. Damage was noted on the driver side door.
• An alert resident was responsible for the recovery of a stolen vehicle in the 1100 block of Resort Drive, Parksville.
• A dumpster was reported damaged in the 1400 block of Alberni Highway, Parksville.
• A vehicle was reported ransacked in the 1200 block of Centre Road, Qualicum Beach.
• A catalytic converter was reported stolen from a vehicle parked on the Memorial Avenue pullout, Qualicum Beach.
• A chain-link fence and three recreation vehicles were reported damaged in the 1000 block of Industrial Way, Parksville.
• An orange Husqvarna 384XP 30-inch bar chainsaw was reported stolen for a vehicle in the 300 block of First Avenue West, Qualicum Beach. Damage was reported to the vehicle.
• Change was reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 400 block of Temple Street, Parksville.
• A black Zooyork jacket and wallet containing bank cards were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 200 block of Corfield Street, Parksville.
• An AGN battery and a power inverter were reported stolen off a solar panel system in the area of Pauls Place and Meadowood Way, Qualicum Beach.
If you see a crime in progress, call 911. The Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number is 250-248-6111 (extension 7). The detachment is located at 421 Pym St. North, Parksville, with public business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 a.m., Monday to Friday, except holidays.
— NEWS Staff, submitted