Oceanside RCMP received 202 complaints the week of Jan. 9-15.
Some of the incidents included:
• A trespasser was reported in the 1200 block of Pintail Drive, Qualicum Beach.
• A business break-and-enter was reported in the 2400 block of Collins Crescent, Nanoose Bay. Building sustained damage and merchandise noted stolen. Three males visible in surveillance video.
• B.C. licence plate EE553B was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1400 block of Industrial Way, Parksville.
• A business break-and-enter was reported in the 1200 block of Taylor Road, Parksville. Reported stolen were an industrial water meter, three bronze strainers, a 30-pound propane tank, tool box and two padlocks.
• Recycled containers were reported stolen from a business in the 3500 block of Island Highway West, Qualicum Beach. Two suspects were apprehended and materials returned.
• A wallet was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 500 block of Hampstead Road, Parksville.
• An electric vehicle charging station was reported vandalized in the 2800 block of Island Highway West, Qualicum Beach.
• A building break-and-enter was reported in the 2600 block of Powder Point Road, Nanoose Bay. Damage was noted to the building and a desktop computer was missing.
• A catalytic converter was reported stolen form a vehicle in the 1700 block of Marmor Road, Nanoose Bay.
• Credit and debit cards as well as a flashlight were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 800 block of Barclay Crescent South, Parksville.
• A catalytic converter was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1400 block of Island Highway Est, Parksville.
• A catalytic converter was reported stolen from a vehicle in the area of Alberni Highway and Jones Road, Qualicum Beach.
• Temporary gates, 40 feet of chain and signs were reported stolen from a property in the area of Blacktail Road, Horne Lake.
• A number of items including a vape pen were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 200 block of Stanford Avenue West, Parksville.
• Two jet skis, 2005 Waverunners, including trailer were reported stolen from a property in the 3100 block of Bay Road, Horne Lake.
• A yellow Fujifilm Digital Camera XP70 was reported lost off the Doehle Stairs, Doehle Avenue, Parksville. Please contact Oceanside RCMP during regular business hours if found.
• A Samsung smart phone was found on Gainsberg Road, Bowser. Contact Oceanside RCMP during regular business hours to claim.
• A local resident was reported to have lost thousands of dollars to a cryptocurrency fraud involving an on-line company identifying as Standpoint Finance, an offshore entity.
• A suspicious dumpster fire was reported in the 100 block of Island Highway West, Parksville.
• Construction material theft was reported in the 300 block of Wembley Road, Parksville.
• A night prowler was reported in the 900 block of Bouman Place, Parksville.
• A business break-and-enter was reported in the 1200 block of Taylor Road, Parksville. A total of 76 water meters in various sizes with unique serial numbers were noted missing.
If you see a crime in progress, call 911. The Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number is 250-248-6111 (extension 7). The detachment is located at 421 Pym St. North, Parksville, with public business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 a.m., Monday to Friday, except holidays.
— NEWS Staff, submitted