Oceanside RCMP received 227 complaints the week of Nov. 13 to Nov. 19.
Some of the incidents included:
• A business compound break-and-enter was reported in the 1200 block of Taylor Road, Parksville. A fence was noted damaged and goods stolen.
• A business break-and enter was reported in the 2300 block of Alberni Highway, Coombs. The front glass window was noted broken and entry gained with goods stolen.
• A chainsaw was found in the 700 block of Humphrey Road, Parksville. Contact Oceanside RCMP during regular business hours, quoting file number 2022-11232 to claim.
• A blue Giant Blis 10-speed bike was reported stolen in the 200 block of Dunbar Way, Parksville. A second bike reported stolen was recovered on Nov. 23.
• A Canada Post mailbox was reported breached at the intersection of Chalet Road and Highway 4, Qualicum Beach.
• A nighttime prowler was reported in the 700 block of Middlegate Road, Errington.
• A business break-end-enter of three storage sea containers was reported in the 2400 block of Alberni Highway, Coombs. Two thieves stole three new Dewalt generators and two boxes of new purses.
• Fuel was reported syphoned from a vehicle in the 1000 block of Lee Road, Parksville.
• A business break-end-enter was reported in the 400 block of Wembley Road, Parksville. A door was damaged and a bass amp was noted missing.
• Restaurant equipment valued at over $100,000 was reported stolen from a trailer after a vehicle broke done on Highway 19A West near Bowser.
• A business break-and-enter was reported in the 100 block of McCarter Avenue, Parksville.
• One of the buildings at Storybook Village was reported vandalized in the 700 block of Primrose Street, Qualicum Beach.
• A business break-and-enter was reported in the 100 block of McCarter Street, Parksville. A male was apprehended by police.
• Six 750 ml bottles of Taynton Bay Spirits Vodka were reported stolen by a male from a business vehicle in the 1400 block of Alberni Highway, Parksville.
• A vehicle was reported vandalized with graffiti in the 600 block of Pioneer Crescent, Parksville, on November 18.
If you see a crime in progress, call 911. Crimes of a less serious nature that are not in progress may be reported online. The Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number is 250-248-6111 (extension 7). The detachment is located at 421 Pym St. North, Parksville, with public business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 a.m., Monday to Friday, except holidays.
— NEWS Staff, submitted