Nanaimo Regional General Hospital. (News Bulletin file)

Nanaimo Regional General Hospital. (News Bulletin file)

COVID-19 outbreak is over at Nanaimo hospital, Island Health declares

Nanaimo Regional General Hospital high-intensity rehab unit again admitting patients

An outbreak of COVID-19 at Nanaimo Regional General Hospital has ended, says Island Health.

On April 14, the health authority announced there had been transmission of COVID-19 at NRGH’s high-intensity rehab unit, with six patients and one staff member testing positive.

Subsequently, Island Health “implemented precautions, including enhanced cleaning, as well as contact tracing to protect the health of all staff, medical staff, students, and patients,” it said in a press release, and there are no longer any cases related to the outbreak at the site.

The unit is now open to new admissions and transfers, Island Health said.

More information on COVID-19 can be found here.

RELATED: Another COVID-19 case found as part of NRGH outbreak


More from the News Bulletin on Facebook and Twitter

CoronavirusIsland HealthNanaimo