It’s day nine of the 2023 Tour de Rock and cyclists have already made quite the trek through Vancouver Island. Since biking from Port Alice on Sept. 23, Cops for Cancer has raised over $637,055.
Racers keep pedaling down south for a multitude of stops and events coming up in Greater Victoria hosted by the Canadian Cancer Society and the Tour de Rock team.
Oct. 4 Events
- The Pexsisen and Centre Mountain Lellum is hosting a lunch at 3100 Constellation Ave., Victoria from 12:24 to 1:10 p.m.
- The West Shore RCMP is hosting a Gala at the Bear Mountain Westin, Victoria from 6 to 8 p.m.
Oct. 5 Events
- Oak Bay Secondary will be a school stop at 2121 Cadboro Bay Rd., Victoria from 9 to 9:21 a.m.
- Peninsula Co-op will host a lunch at 2132 Keating Cross Rd. from 1:45 to 2:10 p.m.
- Sidney community champions will host a head shave and welcome event at the SHOAL Community Centre, 10030 Resthaven Dr., Sidney from 4:30 to 5 p.m.
Oct. 6 Events
- The Esquimalt community will have a stop at the Archie Browning Sports Centre, 1151 Esquimalt Rd., Victoria from 9 to 9:15 a.m.
- Applewood Auto Group will present the final cheque reveal at the legislature steps, 501 Bellevillie St., Victoria.
Cops for Cancer is trying to raise $1,000,000 and with four days left, there is still time to reach the goal. According to the fundraising page on the Canadian Cancer Society’s website, Cops for Cancer says that “we remain determined to continue supporting children and families living with cancer with your ongoing support as we visit all our caring communities this season. Children and families living with cancer need us more than ever.”
ALSO READ: Tour de Rock rolls into Esquimalt