An ongoing Comox Valley roadwork project that has tested the patience of some is finally nearing the finish line.
The 5th Street Bridge is reopening to two-way traffic in the coming days. Weather permitting, the target reopening date is Thursday, Feb. 17.
Please watch for the following changes in the area as the reopening approaches:
• Removing temporary signage, road markings, and traffic signals;
• Removing the temporary priority lane for transit and emergency vehicles;
• Removing the bridge detour and returning to two-way bridge traffic;
• Restoring bus stops on Cliffe and Anderton avenues to their permanent locations;
• Reopening 5th Street Bridge south sidewalk.
Dismantling and clean-up of the construction area will continue over the coming weeks.
While crews will work as quickly as they can to implement these changes, there will be a transition period. Please drive carefully in the construction area and pay close attention to signage throughout the week.